Hi everyone! I took a break from last week’s Friday Thoughts post due to the Black Friday excitement, but I’m back! This week has been a really, really good one. If you read my last Friday Thoughts post, you know that I was dealing with some increased anxiety symptoms and everything that comes along with it. I recently learned the term “catastrophizing,” and it describes me 100%. I can have a small bad thing happen, and I’m instantly convinced it’s going to be a, well, catastrophe. This is compounded during my periods of anxiety, and it’s kind of a recipe for disaster.
Now that I’ve noticed that pattern, I’m trying to be more aware and catch myself before it happens. I know that my anxiety will always have its ups and downs, but here are some things that have made me feel really content this week-
- I spent Sunday having a belated “Black Friday” shopping date with my mom. These days are always some of my favorite of the entire year. We just spend time together, bond over our shared shopping styles, and find gifts for people we love. (And, okay, ourselves.) My parents only live in the suburbs, but I obviously don’t spend as much face-to-face time with my mom as I once did. I know I’ll always cherish these days.
- We had our first big snowstorm, and it was kind of idyllic. But that is the only compliment I will give to the snow. The next day I nearly died walking to work on a mile-long sheet of ice.
- Denny and I finally got an old issue from a previous job resolved. It’s not something that impacted our lives day-to-day, but it was just annoying and causing unnecessary stress. I’m so relieved it’s over, and let’s just say that things worked out the way they should have. (AKA good for us!)
- I got to see my entire family at Thanksgiving! My 28-year-old brother has been living in a tropical paradise (Hawaii, Panama, or the American Samoas) almost every Thanksgiving for the past six years, but we finally all got to celebrate together!
- I felt good at my *real* job this week. I don’t talk about my job very often for privacy reasons, but I sometimes struggle with feeling like I’m doing a good enough, well, job. I tend to struggle with this in every area of my life (hello perfectionist!), but some weeks I just feel really content with what I’m doing.
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! I’ve got a few blogger-friend meet ups planned for this weekend, and I’m also hoping to get our place decked out for Christmas! What’s on your agenda?